I fully agree with the above.

Get the action wrench and the nut wrench from NSS. Both are the best made and the action wrench has some Savage features that are nice.

I would go with the long nut wrench, it gives you more leverage if you have a sticky nut on the first take off (after than you control it and not a problem)

The long nut wrench also has 1/2 inch cut out in it for a breaker bar as well as a Torque wrench (I used them as I have them, others don't and do fine)

The NSS actions wrench also some with instructions for barrel torque and the torque use on the screws hold the action, I like that.

Go gauge is fine, if you want a bit more lengths then a piece of tape on the back works just peachy.

If its a smooth nut (?) on your Axis you will need a nut, NSS has a nice one as well. Pipe wrench in most cases will remove the smooth.
We had one report that it took stunning effort, there are steps to take if it is bad. Mostly not.

I am not convinced on the replacement lug for anything in the 1/2 MOA range. I have one, two others use the Savage lug.