Quote Originally Posted by toddcdozer View Post
The world is your oyster lol.
Keep the bolt head and do a 280AI, 06AI or 338-06AI. A 338 250 gr loafing along at 2550 or so is a LR hammer.
Swap to a magnum head AND you name it. I just built a 7SAUM on a LA and the LR ballistics are crazy. It's slinging 175ELDX at 3150 with a 27" tube. Quite a bit faster than I expected but its within inches 0f a 338 Lapua for wind out to 1700 and doesn't go transonic till 1700. I wouldn't build one with the same expectations as I feel I got really lucky.
Still you can build ANYTHING you want. 28 Nosler, 300 RUM, 338 Edge. I like HORSEPOWER for LRH rigs. Nice litte 6.5s can get by at LR but I like to hit fast and hard with a large pill. Just me.
Thise are some good options I did have the 28 Nosler and 300 RUM idea just not sure how to get them to mag feed from a detachable thinking maybe CDI bottom metal and mags would be the ticket. Already have a 338 win mag that I don't shoot that much cause it kicks like a mule.. Unless it's got a good break I don't like shooting the big stuff.. The saum with 180 bergers has had my attention for awhile anyway, long action might be nice for seating farther out..