Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Unless shooting short range BR, maybe F-Class, or splitting playing cards with a 22. The only things by I see 1/8th turrets getting you is maybe a better Zero. More than likely at range you'll find yourself needing more than just a click... if I miss low or to the side of a target I always just hold the correct. Maybe if I was trying to shoot Silver Dollars at 1000, but then again by the time you see you he shot placement, reach up and adjust 1 click, the wind has already changed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. 1/8 MOA aren't needed. At ELR a 1/2 mph wind change will move you more than that 1/8 MOA. It's something that sounds better in theory than in use.

As for the perfect zero, the Razor series and the AMG from Vortex have clickless zeroing so you can get a perfect zero without having to worry about 1/8 MOA clicks. The original 5-20x Razor has 125 MOA of elevation and plenty of power to shoot to 2500 yards and runs around $1699. The 3-18x Razor II can also be had for under $2000 and also has more than enough elevation adjustments.