I haven't gotten my SS pins yet, but in the meantime I've been loading the drums up w/ Capped Brass to about an inch - inch and a half from the top and using only Water + Lemi + Dawn,,, just guessing about how long I should run them, but I've been tumbling them for about and hour and a half.

Does a decent job of cleaning and 'relatively quick' as there is no media to sort/remove. I just strain, rinse, towel dry, oven dry, done.

I assume the pins will do a better job on the interiors, but dang, just for general purpose range blasting ammo, the insides of the straight wall cases are 'clean enough' after just a water-lemi-dawn tumble.

Plans always change, but I'm contemplating a 'pre-clean tumble' on everything before it ever gets close to the press,,, (The majority of my 'stash' is range pick up and/or semi auto, so it's not as clean/pristine as some of the stuff others work with. Cleaning it up this way first makes for easier / less mess / less chance of me scratching up my dies)

Part of my range brass includes calibers I don't use,,, Good stuff to experiment my cleaning techniques with,,

FWIW, the wife was talking to a co worker who's husband also reloads,,, Reportedly, he uses SAND,,, (Unclear if he vibes or wet tumbles, but wife was thinking the latter)

Eh,, if that's true,, eh,, I just don't know,,, Can't say I've heard of such a thing before, and it doesn't seem like the best choice of tumbling media to me, but then again,,,, what do I know???