First "reloading-based" post from a complete rookie.

Please take into consideration:

1. Most of you are (and will continue to be) more accurate with a ping pong ball and a slingshot in a stiff breeze than I am with my 12FCV. (I'm a long way from 'precise'. 'Nuff said)
2. The first purchase I've made towards beginning to reload is the purchase of a book,,, (Lymans 50th)
3. Quite a bit about reloading can be found on the interweb, so I'm trying to soak it in + explore my book before I get a press / actually begin to start reloading.

In the meantime:

A. I have a fair quantity of factory new 223 tucked away from my AR days,,, (Bulk ammo,,, Wolf Gold, PMC, Fiocchi, etc)
B. After the recent acquisition of the FCV, I have kept / sorted by brand all the 'new brass once fired' from my FCV.
C. My fire-formed brass + Collet die may be an option for creating more ammo to be used in my FCV.

And finally:

X. I have read that the use of a collet die vs full length die eliminates the need for case lube. Is that correct, or 'partially' correct?
Y. Also read that the use of a collet die (vs. full size) may extend the life of the Brass. I'm certain there are far too many variables to quantify exactly 'how much longer', and "YMMV" certainly applies, but what have some of you experienced?
Z. Thanks in advance,,,,,,