Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
I read a little about the MDT TAC21 chassis before I bought the XLR. The one thing that I was apprehensive about was that the scope mounts to the chassis body and not on the receiver. The rifle receiver is enclosed within the chassis. I am really not sure if that poses a problem or not in practice. I just wasn't comfortable with that design. I really don't have an answer for the buttstock/mag question. I know some chassis systems use Accuracy International magazines.....like XLR and McRees. I just searched magazines for the MDT TAC21. Apparently, from what I read, it is not compatible with AI magazines. I am sure many of the chassis systems will have proprietary parts. There will be some exceptions for sure, but don't count of being able to use whatever part you wanted, such as another manufacturer's buttstock.
Hello, the TAC21 is compatible with any AICS pattern magazine.

As far as the scope rail being part of the chassis and not attached to the top of the receiver, the chassis body is a one piece tube that is more than rigid enough for the job, and there are at least three members of the Canadian F-Class Team who will be shooting the World championships with TAC21's.