As you can see, I'm pretty new around here and I'd like to ask for some recommendations.

I just ordered a 10 FCP-SR and it's my first .308 rifle. I'm a long time handloader and really want to work up a great cartridge for it. The problem is that my range is an hour away so testing isn't just a matter of walking out the back door or driving a few minutes. The indoor range that I frequent is less than five minutes and they allow .308 so that's where I'll do most of my preliminary load testing.
My question is whether anybody can recommend a muzzle device that will cut the noise level down to a reasonable level for other shooters around me, but has little to no effect on POI. Please don't say a suppressor as I know that's the answer and it's in my future but time and finances don't allow it at this moment. Flash hider, comp, brake, whatever. Ideally, I'd like to get it as close to .223/5.56 levels as possible. I had a K31 (7.5x55) that I used to shoot there but I always felt bad for the people around me when I was shooting it. There are so many new shooters now that I don't want to scare them away by blowing out their eardrums. I'm not concerned about myself as I'll double up on ear pro but I'm sure that few if any other people do that.

Any suggestions you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.