I am new to Savage rifles --I've never owned one. Now I want to build either a 7mm Rem Mag or 7mm Ultra Mag specifically for Berger 195 EOLs. I need an 1:8 twist barrel so the first thing I will do is change out the barrel. I know where to get the barrel but I don't know which Savage rifle model I should buy to get started. Should I buy a used 110 or would I be better off buying new? (Keeping the cost down is important but I don't want to skimp) Are there just actions available? Which model is my best bet? I hear good things about the accustock -- should I go that way or aftermarket stock (mcMillan / Manners / etc) for best accuracy? Magazine length is important -- but I am having trouble finding out what the maximum COAL is for the long action Savage -- I've seen 3.34" and I've seen 3.69" -- the longer the better for these long bullets. If someone knows the actual max length Id appreciate that info. My Remington 700 LA magazine measures 3.785" long inside and Wyatt makes them that measure 2.865. Are there aftermarket kits or methods or modifications that can be used to increase the maximum length that will feed from a Savage magazine? In summary:

1) New or Used?
2) Which rifle model?
3) Accustock?
4) Mods to increase magazine length?

Thank you in advance,

Ron