Thread: Anyone know anything about Boyd's Pro Varmint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishanhunt View Post
    The main reason I said 600 yard was I don't have anywhere to shoot 1000. Hopefully I can find somewhere if I get bored at 600 like you said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    I'm so lucky I live very close to places I can shoot extreme distances but it's unfortunate that I'm lazy and shooting is my second hobby behind archery.

I don't go out as often as if like to. When my boy is old enough to go with me things should be easier.

I think you're going to have a great rig. You may just try epoxy-bedding the gun and take it easy on the action screw torque instead of putting pillars in. The Pro-Varmint is a nice stock. I might build up a long-range plinker .223AI throated/twisted for 80/90gr slugs in the future and put it in a coyote-color Pro-Varmint with the optional cheek riser. It'll be a great prairie dog whacker.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveInADime View Post
    I'm so lucky I live very close to places I can shoot extreme distances but it's unfortunate that I'm lazy and shooting is my second hobby behind archery.

I don't go out as often as if like to. When my boy is old enough to go with me things should be easier.

I think you're going to have a great rig. You may just try epoxy-bedding the gun and take it easy on the action screw torque instead of putting pillars in. The Pro-Varmint is a nice stock. I might build up a long-range plinker .223AI throated/twisted for 80/90gr slugs in the future and put it in a coyote-color Pro-Varmint with the optional cheek riser. It'll be a great prairie dog whacker.
    I love shooting archery too plus I got to get my fishing time in.

I have to many hobbies and they all cost to much !!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishanhunt View Post
    I love shooting archery too plus I got to get my fishing time in.

I have to many hobbies and they all cost to much !!!

Yup.

I've done golf, collected/repaired 60's/70's stereo equipment, was into bass fishing tournaments, Jeep 4x4, model airplanes, you name it.

Mainly just hunting, archery, and shooting now, though. And only enough 4x4 to get me where I'm going.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    I have a pile of Boyd's stocks, mostly thumbhole but I do have two pro varmints. I believe at my last count I have 13 total stock including a few on my shotguns... haven't had a single problem yet with any of them. Interestingly enough one of the pro varmints is on a creedmore as well. If you haven't bought the barrel yet I would suggest looking at the ones Rosco has for sale in the classifieds.. and trust me with the combo of that barrel and the Boyd's stock 600 yards will get boring quickly... good luck