Thread: Redding die set

Basic Member

Redding die set

i looking at the Redding die set PN 36446 for the 6.5CM, it sells for 160 dollars, i have no need for the micrometer adj, top section, does anyone know if a set is available without the mic adj pc.

Chet

LongRange
    for $20 bucks more than the reddings you can get a set of widden dies....

http://www.whiddengunworks.com/produ...icrometer-set/

Basic Member
    HI Long range
    i have these sets for my 223 and 6br, if i can't find something with a bushing to control the neck dia, i may go with these again

Chet

Basic Member
    I use the Hornady Match bushing dies on my Creedmoor,they are just as good as any of my other brand bushing dies.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...t-65-creedmoor

Basic Member
    The Forster full length benchrest dies with the high mounted floating expander are very good dies. The high mounted expander enters the case neck while the neck is still held and centered in the neck of the die. This keeps the expander from pulling the case neck off center and inducing neck rounout.

I ordered the Forster expander and spindle assemblies for all my RCBS dies to reduce neck runout.

Also at the Whidden custom die website they tell you they get the most concentric cases with non-bushing full length dies. They also sell expander ball sets with five expanders in .001 increments.

Below on the left my RCBS .223 expander raised as high as the spindle threads will allow. On the right is the Forster expander and spindle assembly that fits in my RCBS .223 die.

As stated above the Forster dies are cheaper and contrary to what many say using a expander is not the end of the world when the inside of the neck is properly lubed.