Quote Originally Posted by gbflyer View Post
There's a couple places that make expanding projectiles for sub use. Outlaw State is one, Blackout Bullets is another. I have some of the BB, they expand well.

I personally would have no qualms about taking one of our small black tail deer with one. We brush hunt and most shots are 50 yards or less. I would wait for a good broadside and send it. I would not lob one out there at an unreasonable distance.

With respect to suppressed fire of supersonic's, it's awesome. My Harvester on my .308 or 30-06 sounds about like a .22 mag. I still use earplugs at the range but it's much more pleasant in the field. The recoil is knocked down to .22-250 levels also which is a nice benefit. The down sides are the extra length, POI shift between suppressor off and on, and significant heat buildup introducing mirage after 3-4 rounds.

All in all I love mine. It's beyond all comprehension why these things are NFA items other than Uncle Sugar wants your $200.
Chalk it up to Al Capone and John Dillenger and the Tommy gun of the gangster Era

Or prohibiton just like the drug war of today has militarized our police force