Between the two calibers, the MPBR is similar enough to call it a wash (factory hunting ammo). The difference will really be more apparent if you handload. Both have great bullet selection, but the 7mm-08 will be easier to find or make brass for (.308, .243, .260, etc. sized up or down). You could form the 6.5, but you have to bump the shoulder back IIRC. If I am wrong, it won't be the first or last time. The 7 will carry more energy, the 6.5 will penetrate better in theory with the same bullet weights. In all practicality, there really is not much of a difference in the two except factory ammo availability because the Creedmoor is the hot thing right now. Deer won't be able to tell the difference. I had a 7mm-08 that tough times forced me to sell. Sometimes I wish I still had it. It is also selling well now as a lot of people are using it for the youngins and recoil sensitive shooters that want more power at target than the .243.

I can't help a lot with stocks, but the Choates are heavy if you plan to hump it around much. I had an Ultra Varmint on a .308 varmint contour barrel. It was close to a 12#rifle after a moderate 4-12x scope. I only used it to kill paper and steel. Do you have a stock now? Are you comfortable modifying one? Take the issued plastic handle, some fiberglass resign and strips, and make a custom one fit for you. It has been done. I prefer wood and laminate stocks for hunting rifles in most circumstances.