I've got a 110 from the 66-68 timeframe and am midway through refinishing the wood stock, and making preps to bed it. I'm looking at how to do pillars, but am running into some concerns.

My concern is that I need to enlarge 2 holes and keep them spaced with the hole at the rear of the trigger guard and indexed to the receiver. I think I need pillars that have a bigger hole than the ones currently in the wood, and which hopefully will provide me some room to wiggle. Does that sound about right?

Second. That stamped steel strap. I think it's sole purpose is to fix the bottom of the mag spring when all is assembled. I think I'm going to cut the ends off the strap and bond it to the floorplate because the holes in the stamped piece are cupped upward (i.e. the metal at the edge of the holes that would contact my pillars is not flat, but flared).

So what I'm picturing is this:
1. Enlarge holes for pillars. Countersink both ends of the holes a little. I think I need countersink at the bottom, at least for the front pillar, since the floorplate holes (and the strap for that matter) are very close to the dia of my action screw heads. That would have my floorplate anchored onto an epoxy pad.
2. Bed the receiver/pillars in place.
3. Then bed the trigger guard and floorplate in a second round.

Removing the strap thickness from the stackup may require me to grind the action screws back a tad.

Am I making this harder than it needs to be? The action screws are oval-headed, so maybe everything doesn't have to line up flawlessly (receiver, trigger guard and floorplate)?