https://cuttingedgebullets.com/cgi-b..._F60_CU_RAPTOR

I know they are very expensive, but Kalifornia is lead free only now. I also know of the other lower cost brands, and use them. What gets me curious is the design parameters. This is from their description;

"After 1.5 - 2" of penetration six blades are engineered to shear off and radiate out in a star pattern while the Blunt Trauma BaseTM continues to deliver deep, straight-line penetration. A minimum impact velocity of 1500 fps is required for the hollow point to function as intended."

The LOW min velocity is nice especially when compared to bullets like Barnes with a 2100-2200 min. SOME of the Barnes are lower, but not by much. Hornady and others are similar to Barnes, as well. Once a Barnes bullet drops to min or below, it simply drills a caliber diameter hole through what ever it hits.

This design seems like it would give pretty devastating performance on something like a deer. A 60gr bullet would give somewhere between 3500 and 3700fps from a 243. With a 307BC I ran some calcs (Point Blank software) and it had a 300yd point on with a 4" circle (2" high max and 2" low max). That's a 260yd zero, at 3700fps, impacting 1.6" high at 100yds and 1.97 low at 300. With 2768fps at 300 and 1021ft lbs energy. It doesn't fall below 1500fps until 800yds, so theoretically, it would still open reliably at 700yds. That would have a little over 400ft lbs of energy. Not really deer power there, but I would never shoot one that far anyway.

Just looking at the numbers (except the price) it seems pretty impressive.