Thread: New to rifles and confused...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    That's what's called "out of the box dead accurate". Don't ya love it?!

Reloading, especially when talking about .223, is all about tuning a load to take advantage of your barrels harmonics and getting the tightest groups possible. Saving money is never going to happen with a 223 simply because store bought ammo is so cheap.

So if you're not going to hand load, the only way to get increased accuracy, all human factors aside, is to tune the barrel to the load. You can do that with a barrel tuner, typically used in 22LR because, once again, you can't hand load 22LR to tune it to the barrel, so you tune the barrel to the load.

Hemi45
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    So if you're not going to hand load, the only way to get increased accuracy, all human factors aside, is to tune the barrel to the load. You can do that with a barrel tuner, typically used in 22LR because, once again, you can't hand load 22LR to tune it to the barrel, so you tune the barrel to the load.
    I never knew there was such a thing/process! Are there downsides to this? Is it one and done or can it repeated?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    That's what's called "out of the box dead accurate". Don't ya love it?!

Reloading, especially when talking about .223, is all about tuning a load to take advantage of your barrels harmonics and getting the tightest groups possible. Saving money is never going to happen with a 223 simply because store bought ammo is so cheap.

I do love it. The ammo I used for that is over $1 a round you dont think I could save some money loading my own.