I normally just thread my barrels and put a vias muzzle brake on, but I was in a hurry and picked up my second clamp on muzzle brake from witt machine. I have one on my mosin nagant. our 12 year old shoots it all the time now because it has a little less recoil that my heavy barreled ar-15 and those 203 grainers hit hard!!

it works great. all we shoot is 203 grain brown bear soft points out of it and it will group them between 1/2 - 3/4 inch at 100 yards. I was wanting to put a brake on my .300 win mag. deer season is getting close and I didn't want to pull the barrel, thread it and so on so I picked up another clamp on brake. I measured the muzzle on my rifle at .813 and a inch and a half back at .829. sent them the measurements and paid for it.

my muzzle brake arrived yesterday while I was in Chattanooga for work. I got home a little after 6:00 am this morning and installed it. man do they freaking work!! my .300 win mag recoils about like my .22-250 does now!! I have put 20 rounds down it testing for groups with my 220 grain load it shot great before. it doesn't need any load tuning and was hitting 2 inches high at 100 yards after the install. no left or right just high. I took 2 m.o.a. away from it and settled back into my prone position and started shooting three 5 shot groups. my smallest was in the .1's still and my largest was in the low .2's, so I know the rifle still shoots with a clamp on brake on it.

I still like the thread on brakes like vias and others, but I honestly believe this brake took more recoil out of my rifle than some of the thread on brakes I have used.

it isn't as clean and stream lined as thread on brakes, but it does seem to work better than the biggest part of the thread on brakes that when turned to match the barrel give a cleaner look.

we have put around 800 rounds down the pipe on the nagant and the brake is still right there, so I am not one bit worried about it coming off.