Again Thank you:

Still looking at my Savage chambers regardless of the blue, they do not look nearly as smooth, I don't know enough about bluing to know if you can get a poor applicant and created a rougher surface, just that the problems I have had with that are Savage barrels.

I would like you thoughts on why the metal is thicker at the base of a case than the front? I too would think the pressure is equal, but its way thicker down there and also where it cracks if too much should push back.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
Bluing adds nothing to dimensions or finish. It simply changes the color. The only thing left on the surface is the residual crap that's in the oil they seal it with. That's something that can be taken out with a normal scrubbing, and should be done before a new rifle is fired for the first time.
For it to be not blue, the bore would have to be plugged, and I don't know of anyone that plugs bores prior to bluing. It is a dangerous thing to do considering the temperature of the hot caustic bath is around 300 degrees, and a plug blowing out would cause a catastrophe. Besides that, it would take up too much time on the production line.

There is no area of "high pressure", as the pressure is equal throughout the whole chamber.