About two months ago my 80 year old Uncle brought me his girlfriends short stocked Axis 1 (no accu trigger) in 243 to sight in. The week after he dropped it off I decided to try to cut the end of my trigger finger off in my lathe so I hadn't been able to shoot. I'm finally getting some feeling back and most of the pain is gone so I decided to shoot it and my mdl 16 in 260 that I'm working up loads for.

I'm guessing this a package youth/ladies rifle, it's short stocked and has a cheap Nikon 3-9 scope on it. The trigger is horrendous but got better after dry firing it some. Still very heavy though, I thought about doing some work on it but thought better of it after I considered the liability. After getting it on paper at 40 yards I set up for 100 and shot both rifles. The scope is not very clear and I'm accustomed to higher magnification but all in all it went well. I was about two inches to the left and two inches high, after making the necessary adjustments I was rewarded with a three shot group well within 1", the ammo was Hornady 100gr American Whitetail.

Needless to say I'm very impressed that a rifle with the trigger it has, light and the stock doesn't ride the bags well shot so well. During my load development for my mdl 16 it has only shot a handful of groups smaller. If it doesn't come around it'll leave here and I'll check in what calibers are available in the axis.