Thread: Action question 110

Basic Member

Action question 110

Ok,
    First, I have googled and searched here before asking and I think I know the answer but want to be 100 % sure before I move forward.

How do you identify whether or not a bare 110 action is stagger feed or center feed? Or does it even matter. I have an old 110 action pre accutrigger that I want to build up into a dbm rifle using 111 stock parts but not sure if it will work or not.

Basic Member
    Pull the action out of the stock, if the magazine is attached to the action it's a staggerfeed, if the mag stays in the stock it's a centerfeed

Basic Member
    stagger feed action has grooves in bottom of receiver for the magazine lips to fit in ie.. stagger feed mag is attached to action and center feed is not. I believe there are other differences but that is the easiest to spot.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member
    There will be notches in each end of the cutout for the mag to attach on a staggerfeed, not on a centerfeed

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeki View Post
    Pull the action out of the stock, if the magazine is attached to the action it's a staggerfeed, if the mag stays in the stock it's a centerfeed
    Bare action. No stock

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
    stagger feed action has grooves in bottom of receiver for the magazine lips to fit in ie.. stagger feed mag is attached to action and center feed is not. I believe there are other differences but that is the easiest to spot.
    Thank you

Basic Member
    Can the action be built either way if it's bare?

Basic Member
    I don't see why it couldnt

Basic Member
    No, it cannot. A stagger feed can be modified to work with centerfeed blind magazine ( will still need a staggerfeed stock). The underside of the action will need machining, though.

It is almost impossible to find all the parts necessary to make a staggerfeed dbm.

I dont believe you can do anything to make a center feed accept stagger feed mags.

Basic Member
    Come to think of it, i have converted a long action centerfeed to accept staggerfeed dbm box once. However, it required machining and, as i said before, the parts for staggerfeed dbm are pretty much unavailable by now. I know because i have been scrounging for them for years.

Basic Member
    Glad you rang in then, I really don't have a clue. Never dealt with cf much

The stagger feed actions are fine. You will need to build it as such. When buying a bare action, the one thing you need to be careful of is how it was disassembled. Pull the bolt out and look down the raceway. The lines of the action should be straight. The flats where the bolt slides should not be wavy or twisted even the slightest bit.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Machining means I'm not even going to attempt. The parts were easy to find though. I'll post them for others.

Sorry if I don't understand the last post but I'm going to throw this out there. The Stagger Feed long action will bolt into a Center Feed stock and vice versa. The CF DBM frame will screw to the SF action. In most instances the magazine does not line up without modifications if stocks and or magazines/DBM's are interchanged. Finding parts and assembling a mixture of feed types are two different things. A finished rifle that functions correctly is considered success.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Sorry if I don't understand the last post but I'm going to throw this out there. The Stagger Feed long action will bolt into a Center Feed stock and vice versa. The CF DBM frame will screw to the SF action. In most instances the magazine does not line up without modifications if stocks and or magazines/DBM's are interchanged. Finding parts and assembling a mixture of feed types are two different things. A finished rifle that functions correctly is considered success.
    That was more my worry. Looking at the action I'm sure it could be bolted together, but will it function would be the question. Although looking at cdi website, the make one specifically for the SF and of course install it as well. So... looks like I'm going with aics mags... bummer lol

Quote Originally Posted by scionxb3003 View Post
    So... looks like I'm going with aics mags... bummer lol
    Don't forget Pmags. Under $40.00

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Don't forget Pmags. Under $40.00
    Yeah those were likely what I would do. Aics style I should have said.