Quote Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Not trying to start an argument but I've found Lee dies to be on the low end of quality. Having said that I do use them for straightwall pistol brass sizing but that is all I used them for. I absolutely despise the Lee lock rings. Those go in the wastebasket right away. I replace them all with Hornady cross lock rings. In fact, every die I own (Whidden included) gets Hornady rings....

I do like and use Lee Collet Crimp dies. The rest are marginal in my opinion. You get what you pay for in any product, die sets included.

Never used the Lee Dipper. I guess you could use it for a cocaine scoop but in as much as I don't do drugs, it just sits in the die box, taking up room....lol

Lee die sets ate low end, beginner dies for hand loaders starting out. Much more precise and of course more expensive reloading dies out there in cyberland.
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have to disagree with this. Yeah, Lee dies are inexpensive, and yeah, the lock rings suck rocks and need to be replaced. No argument there at all.

But right now, I'm loading for six Savage rifles in 7mm-08 (mine, my wife's, a spare, and one each for the three granddaughters, aka The Senior Minions) and I'm loading them with Lee dies mounted on a Dillon RL-550B, which anyone will tell you is not for precision work. Every one of those rifles will deliver sub-MOA groups out to 200 yards with disgusting regularity. To date, I've probably loaded 3000 rounds with these dies over the last four years or so. No issues, no problems, and no complaints. Now, I don't know if the accuracy is because of the rifles, the exquisite care taken in assembling the loads, the skill of the shooters (three of them teenage girls), divine intervention, or plain old luck, but I'll take it!

Granted, most of our non-paper targets are deer and hogs, inside of 250 yards, and that probably doesn't qualify as "precision" work. But we're all pretty happy with the results, nonetheless.