I know i've seen a savage converted to a 45 acp and want to say I've heard of someone making a 9mm as well. I bought my first reamer and wanted to make myself a 9mm barrel for the savage. I'm sure getting it to feed from a magazine will be the bigger battle and I will probably attempt to make a mag block to accept some sort of handgun magazine but for now my main interest is it doable with a savage action? it looks to me that all I really need to do is open up the bolt face a hair then thread, contour, chamber and headspace the barrel? this is my first major project on my lathe and in it more for the fun and experience. ultimately I plan on making a 22 tcm barrel and figured this would be the cheaper learning experience. I'm waiting on two suppressor form 1's to clear so it will be fun to send some cast subsonic bullets and it will open to door to me being able to enjoy the great past time of plinking as the 22lr is dead to me know. I don't ever forsee it being the same ever again. I'd rather cast my own and shoot for .3-4 cents per round.