Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
Agreed it's what works for the person doing the loading....FL sizing just keeps things more consistent for the type of shooting I do.

Just curious...how many chambers do you cut with a reamer before you toss it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends entirely on how it's cutting and if it starts to chatter at all, it's in the scrap bin. Always synthetic flood coolant. I like Master Chemical full soluble synthetic coolant with boundary lubrication myself.

I see the bullet runout has also appeared. Never been an issue with me at all. I get very consistent 0.002 or less TIR using an RCBS competition micrometer seater and custom machined seater plugs. Most loads are dead nutz. It's SOP for me to sequentially seat a pill and rotate the case through at least a complete turn while seating.

IMO, bullet runout is the leading cause of inaccuracy at extended range. When the pill enters the lands at a deviation from parallel to the bore centerline, , it also travels down the rifling and leaves the muzzle the same way and long ogive pills need to fly true or they yaw. That is especially true with Berger VLD's and I load them about 95% if the time. The bihher the pill and the higher the velocity the more pronounced the yaw is.