Here is my Boyds tale of woe...I bought a Savage .17WSM in June, and ordered a Boyds thumbhole target stock on June 14. 4 weeks later I tried contacting Boyds via phone, and was firewalled. Tried "Customer Service" e-mail...no response. Couple days later I got a cuppa and sat down for the battle...Waited until they gave up and turned me over to an answering machine.
Finally got to speak to a human, a pre-programmed female phone answering employee, and was told the plant had undergone a move and that put the orders two weeks behind. So I waited two weeks, and the plant had closed for a week over July 4th. In August, I suddenly got an e-mail that my stock was shipped...Halleluja! It arrived a week later, and off to the gunsmith. He called the next day with you need to come back...uh oh. The stock they shipped was defective in that the pillars did not match up with the action. The barrel was off to the left. A call to Boyds by the gunsmith with the resultng explaination sent the bad stock back to Boyds.
The next series of calls was the excuses that engineering had to evaluate the stock and determine the problem..."it might take a couple weeks"! I said it didn't matter what the problem was, I did not want that stock I wanted a new stock. So my order went back into production, and it would be "a while". On September 30, I went through the firewall phones and e-mail again, and was told it was "in production and could be a "couple weeks". So here it is October 10, and I have been waiting since June 14.