I recently bought a Frankford Arsenal Platinum Rotary Tumbler to replace my Harbor Freight unit. I should have done it long ago. The Frankford gets the brass cleaner with a lot less damage to the case neck mouth.

When the process is finished, I dump the drum contents into a Frankford media separator, a $9 plastic colander which has deep sides to fit into a standard 5 gal bucket. Swirling and rinsing the brass/pin mass with my utility sink squirt wand makes most of the pins fall into the large bucket. Then I dump the brass into a smaller bucket where I rinse and swirl them. Any remaining pins sink to the bottom where I pick them up with a magnet. The pins in the large bucket are strained through a sieve and returned to storage.

Then I shake the brass to remove most of the water. I dump the cases into a towel held in a hammock shape where I slide them back and forth for 30 seconds after which they go into a metal baking pan which I put on the tennis shoe drying rack in my wife's clothes dryer. Thirty minutes on "high cotton" produces dry brass ready for the next reloading step. I've cleaned many thousands of rounds of .223 and 6mm brass and only once did I have a pin hang up in the neck, but it was easy to correct. Generally speaking, stuck pins is not a problem at all.