I recently picked up a used 110 in .30-06. The rifle is in good shape and seemed to function well when I bought it. It was in need of a good cleaning and removal of minor surface rust. I have not fired it yet.

I removed the action from the stock and gave it a good cleaning using Hoppes #9. There was a couple areas of small very, minor rust mostly on the magazine spring and the receiver all of which was easily removed. The action itself was grimed from oil, residue, etc. I sprayed it with Breakfree then, with the assistance of dental picks, used a cleaning patch in any area of the trigger mechanism I could get into.

The problem: After reassembly, the bolt will not lock down completely and is hard to lift to open the action. It is binding somewhere. Sometimes, upon dry firing, as the trigger is released the bolt will drop down a bit. Other times I cannot get the trigger to dry fire at all.

I did not dis-assemble the bolt nor did I touch any screw on the trigger mechanism outside of cleaning it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

???