Thread: Yet Another 93F Accutrigger Question

Question Yet Another 93F Accutrigger Question

Has anyone gathered the part numbers needed to convert a Wal Mart version of the 93F to use an accutrigger?

And what that would cost?

Thanks in advance.

Basic Member

Yet Another 93F Accutrigger Question

You can put your SN for a 93F into the Savage partfinder. Adjust it a few numbers up/down until you see an acc trigger and get the part numbers from the Schematic. Certain parts are only restricted to gunsmiths however. Trigger parts are one of those.

Then you would see the current cost.

Frustratingly, my serial shows the accutrigger and nothing is clickable.

Thanks for the tip about randomly entering serials. I found a clickable schematic for a 93FVSS.

That gives me: ONE PIECE TRIGGER ASSY RH AT E-RECVR - P/N: 700027 $47.00

Which is a gunsmith restricted part, of course. Is there a path around this restriction?

Basic Member
    You can call them and ask to waive any liability. They may go for that.. Otherwise, gunsmith or aftermarket. Sometimes accu triggers show up on e bay.

I called. You have to have an FFL to order any gunsmith restricted part.

When I asked why the answer boiled down to, "there's no reason, it's just our policy."

Off to a gun shop that's friendly with me to have THEM order it for me.

Tpsfoto
    I was originally pissed at Savage for supplying the exact same model number to Walmart standard trigger as that which has an Accutrigger....they should have named it 93F W .......so I called them and got a supervisor ....and he swapped out the Walmart gun for one that did have the Accutrigger at no extra cost.
    they also told me that the standard trigger could not be converted to an Accutrigger.

I am spurred by a thread where someone swapped their accu and non-accu trigger assemblies between their rifles.

I think, based on that thread, that you can't populate the non-accu housing with accutrigger parts which is what they might mean by it cannot be done. I aim to find out first hand and share the experience! If it's not an easy swap, then I'm out a few bucks and we've got an "I tried it and it don't work" thread.

It might also refer to pre e-reciever guns as well, now that I think of it. The Walmartian gun seems to be an e-receiver. I noticed that on a couple of shimming videos on YouTube that the magazine rib and latch are separate parts on some guns, mine is part of the trigger assembly. The parts diagram shows them as separate parts, but they aren't clickable on the diagram I used to get part numbers.

I remain optimistic!

Unless the screw spacing for the housing is different, this should be a plug and play operation. There will be pictures comparing things, of course, when I get the part.

I too am confused that they kept the same model name, different number though. 98100 is the normal 93F in .22 WMR. 98103 is the Wal Mart sharpened pencil edition.

When I punch in my serial number on the part-finder it says "93F 22WMR WALMART". They've a lazy drafting department, the exploded parts diagram shows the accutrigger assembly, in fact it's the same diagram as they 93FVSS I used for a serial number to get the part number to order for this experiment. I used to be a drafter in a past life, exploded diagrams aren't hard and they're kind of fun.

Basic Member
    I did swap mine, 'E' receiver to 'E' receiver. All receiver dimensions and stock were the same. I would not have done it with the older non-'E' receiver.

Confirmed! p/n 700027 is a drop in replacement for the non-AccuTrigger Wal-Martian model of the 93F!

Even more fun, it sure looks like you can repopulate the old trigger housing with AccuTrigger components, because the trigger frame is the same part!

Basic Member

Yet Another 93F Accutrigger Question

Z09.. Great news! Thank you for confirming the correct part number. It matches what I experienced with the 93F17V and MkII 'E' swap.

The details of this should be on a sticky for our other 93F rimfire friends. I am a low post count and forum member, not one who manages the stickies but maybe a moderator will pick this up...

Got it dialed in at 25 yards. I declare victory.

Basic Member
    Sorry, I was off line a while. That group is nice! I'd say you have a winner with the new trigger.

Tpsfoto
    It is amazing that people here have swapped out the non A trigger for one that has one...and SAVAGE said they could not do it.