Thanks. I found that video here -->> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJij...FWXqg9&index=3

Here is my question about that whole procedure: How hard is the shim stock he is using? If it is not hard, the pressure of the sear on it will wear it fairly quickly. I'm not a gunsmith, but I don't think I want to use that method, although it may work well for some people, and it will work for anyone for however long it will work. I question how long that time will be. I want parts that work against each other to be hard so that they wear slowly, if at all. That way, I only have to do it once in my lifetime.

But as always, thanks for that because I had not seen it before. None of this is a big deal because I got a Savage 110 rifle (flat back) in a trade recently. I never owned a Savage rifle before but have used Savage model 24's since I was 10 and I am now 74, so I've been shooting and hunting with them for awhile now. I'm going to have one or more of those here until I die. I shot the trade rifle ( a 243) and it shot well enough with bullets of 90 grains or below, but it would not stabilize the 100 or 105 grain bullets I have always shot in a 243. So I sent it to E. Aurther Brown and had them install one of their accuracy barrels with a 1 in 8 twist on it. That only took two weeks from start to finish BTW.

The rifle came in the trade with a set of bases and rings on it, but the guy told me that they came from his "parts box" and they may not work. One ring was a different brand than the other, but they were both 1 inch, so I figured I'd just try them anyway. Well those bases were not made for a flat back action, so the scope was cocked in them and they are not going to work. I'm waiting on a new set of bases and rings to get here to install a new Vortex 6 X 18 scope to see if the new Brown & company barrel will shoot. Got a bunch of test loads worked up for it already. The rings and bases should get here about Thursday.

So that gives me time to get that tiny bit of creep out of the trigger. It really isn't bad, but any creep at all is a bother to a real rifleman, so I'm trying to eliminate it. It'sa project to mess with while I'm waiting for hunting season to open. I appreciate you boys help with this cause like I said, I have not owned a Savage before. I've done about a dozen modle 70 Win. triggers, but they are simple and easy to work on.