Quote Originally Posted by dranrab View Post
I finally got it out to the range today. Its favorite load was 25 grains of Ramshot TAC pushing a Barnes 55 grain TTSX. I was shooting a lot of rifles, so I only shot one 3 shot group with that load. It measured .6 inches. I am going to love this little rifle. Interestingly enough, when I came back home my $75 rebate check was in the mailbox. $425 for this jewel is a bargain!
Thanks for reminding me. I need to go look in my box for the rebate offer. I picked up a 7-08 version with synthetic stock, topped it with a Leupold 2.5-8 VX3, and a quick adjust sling. All told it weighed out at 6.8 lbs.

My rifle is extremely sensitive to ammo at this point. Hornady Superformance 140 SST's were 3" at 100yds, Federal Fusion 140's were 2 3/4" at 100 yds .. I was about ready to give up at that point after checking everything over. Grabbed a box of Nosler 140BT factory rounds and shot 6 back to back 3/4" groups, then repeated it the next day. Back to the Fusions and Hornadys and still were shooting large groups. I guess the Noslers will be my hunting rounds since my reloading room is in the middle of a remodel.

Overall, for the price, I love this rifle. I'm going to bed the action and the chamber area later on. Hopefully with handloads this won't continue to be a picky rifle.