Thread: How about a long barreled 110? (30"+)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
    F-Class is all open sights, as you suspected. So with a scope, you are correct, it doesn't matter. But when trying to shoot little groups a long way out, you need as long a sight radius as you can get.

**Edit** The F-class shooters I know, anyway. I suppose there could be other "classes" with different rules..
    F-class is dominated by scopes and anyone not using a scope is handicapping themselves. For example, 1000 yard target has a 5 inch x ring where the palma and targets used for sling shooters have a 10 inch X ring. Perhaps you are confused on what they are shooting. F-class is shot off a front rest and sling is optional. F-TR is shot with a bipod with sling optional. The bipod and rest are not options. F-class is any caliber up to .35 that the range safety fan will allow. F-TR is 223/5.56 and 308/7.62x51 only. Perhaps the people you are referring to shoot Palma or any/any or service rifle all of which is sling only.
    F-class open is sometimes referred to as belly bench rest as a lot of the equipment is the same.

Almost forgot Palma is shot with the same caliber restrictions as F-TR but most long range shooters use the 308 instead of the 223.
    Last edited by earl39; 08-10-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added info
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Yes, sorry. F-Class is the off-shoot.
    Fullbore and Palma matches is what my mine and fingers were arguing over
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.