Thread: 12FV build in 6.5 Creedmoor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fastex500

12FV build in 6.5 Creedmoor

Finally got everything coated and tested, so thought I would take a moment and share the build. I have built a few savage rifles in 308 and 223, but after shooting long range matches and getting spanked by 6.5 shooters I drank the KoolAid and jumped in.

-Action started life as a 12FV in 308 from Cabela's. Stripped it down to just the action, trigger and bolt.
    -Picked up a Boyds pro-varmit adjustable from the classifieds here. Inletting done by myself for DBM
    -PTG stealth bottom metal, recesses for trigger
    -CBI 22" barrel spun by Apache, purchased thru MyAccurateBarrel. Sendero contour, 1-8 twist, 5/8x24 muzzle
    -Stainless barrel nut and recoil lug from MyAccurateBarrel
    -Muzzle brake- 3port from Ross Schuler (REALLY fast shipping and great brake)
    -Weaver 20moa base
    -ADM SL 1 piece mount (probably changing to low rings if I keep the Razor on it)
    -Vortex Razor HD 5-20

Stock was pillar and skim bedded, I opened up the lug area and re-bedded. Will also be bedding the DBM at some point. Rattlecan coating using Duplicolor low gloss black ceramic engine paint. Timed the brake on my mini lathe. Ran rosso thru the barrel and cleaned well, ran 10 rounds for break in, 1 shot-clean for 5, then 5 shots clean. No issues so far running Hornady 140 ELD factory ammo.... looks promising.

And yes, the trim in the background isn't glued yet... in the middle of remodel at the office :)

Last 4 rounds after a scope adjustment from rear bag and bipod.
    Last edited by fastex500; 08-07-2016 at 09:34 AM.