[QUOTE=doctnj;374198]Yobuck, are you saying the LM 300 gr berger tacticals perform the same as 300 gr LM smk's

Well performance can mean different things, as in how they shoot, and how they kill as a hunting bullet.
The idea people have that a target bullet isn't a good hunting bullet is simply hogwash.
As for our testing, we never shoot at 100 yds after initial load development with our long range hunting guns.
We also don't shoot the 338s under 1000 yds. We do compare various bullets for accuracy at the longer distances.
Wether one may take a few more clicks dosent matter to us as much as how they shoot for accuracy and consistency.
My sons 338x378 will put the 3 bullets I mentioned very close at 100 yds when zeroed. And at 1500 yds the same amount of
elevation/clicks on the scope shows the same results. The same thing happens with my 338 chey tac with the Berger and smk at 1500.
But the group size on mine with the 2 bullets is larger than his. With all 3 bullets and no scope changes he has a basketball size group at 1500.
In his gun. Individually the Bergers do shoot slightly better than the others so he does use them in that gun.
On another note, the 250 gr would be a better choice in 338s under 3000 fps than the 300 gr. Reason being velocity, which will trump the
higher b c to a distance further than most people will ever shoot them. And the same argument could be applied to all of them.