Thread: What's up with Brass?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Winchester used to be my go to for hunting rifles, such as 308 and 223. Lapua for the precision stuff. Have since switched to Lapua for all due to the fact I can't find the Winchester and Hornady is just as much per round at midway as Lapua. At least it was for 308 last I looked

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hafejd30 View Post
    Winchester used to be my go to for hunting rifles, such as 308 and 223. Lapua for the precision stuff. Have since switched to Lapua for all due to the fact I can't find the Winchester and Hornady is just as much per round at midway as Lapua. At least it was for 308 last I looked
    I was brass agnostic, but Winchester and FC are off my list (I will use them if once fired and pick up but I don't anneal them, just use them till they crak and dump the whole batch.

Yea PPU seems to have replaced RP locally, Winchester readily available.

PPU I like but it has some aspect that first load does not work, it chambers fine empty, put a bullet in it and no. Hmmm. I'll figure it out. Maybe a pre-trim.

I really like RP for mainline but as noted not available and I can't find once fired like I used to.

ergo also moving to Lapua as its both good and the cost benefit for its longevity makes it worth it. On sale it approaches RP and I never see RP on sale.

I did just fine once fire RP in 308 from Diamond K brass for a reasonably price (24 per hundred)
    Last edited by RC20; 07-28-2016 at 01:13 PM.