Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50

greyghost

The HST works for me, The clicks are very solid, So far I really like it, Didn't need a lighted reticle for 250.00 more so went with the HST instead of PST this is my 4th Vortex and they have all worked well, Had a crossfire that the reticle came loose, But for the price I kinda figured it might break on me, They gave me my money back and I upgraded to the viper Have never had a problem with the viper line, Crossfire and diamondback line are their less expensive scopes. And the rifle I had it on kicked pretty bad I no longer have that rifle either,

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    The HST works for me, The clicks are very solid, So far I really like it, Didn't need a lighted reticle for 250.00 more so went with the HST instead of PST this is my 4th Vortex and they have all worked well, Had a crossfire that the reticle came loose, But for the price I kinda figured it might break on me, They gave me my money back and I upgraded to the viper Have never had a problem with the viper line, Crossfire and diamondback line are their less expensive scopes. And the rifle I had it on kicked pretty bad I no longer have that rifle either,
    I miss the etched reticle on my PST when I'm using my HST. My brain does better calculating/measuring misses and holdover/windage with the PST reticle.

snipes
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Got out to the range last Monday with both scopes. The Burris is on my creedmoor and the vortex is on the 308. Both are very close on glass but would give Burris the nod. The turret clicks are better on the Burris also. My shooting was at 100 yards. Will be shooting 500 to 1000 yards at the end of the month so this will tell the tale. For a couple hundred bucks more to get a FFP scope, will tell anyone to get a Burris XTR II in a heart beat.
    What are your thoughts after shooting them both at distance?

Basic Member
    Burris defiantly beat the vortex. Burris cost more but worth every penny. At 500 yards the Burris was a bit more clearer. Your can tell the difference between a 34mm tube (Burris) vs a 30mm (Vortex). The vortex needs shims to get close to zero stop. The Burris is a true zero stop scope. Burris is a FFP scope, the vortex is not. Keeping both though. The vortex will stay on the 308, the Burris will be going on my 330LM since selling the creedmoor. Am set of both short/medium and long/real long range shooting. If you have the bucks, get the Burris. Took me 8 months to find the one I wanted with SCR MOA reticle. Found mine at whittakers cheaper than anywhere else.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12