Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find an sss comp trigger!!!

bodywerks

Help me find an sss comp trigger!!!

Looking for a SSS comp trigger for a 110fcp build.
    I only know of brownells and tactical works as suppliers and both are out of stock.
    If you know of any other suppliers or have one you're looking to get rid of, reply or message me.
    I have zero interest in rifle basix triggers so that's not an option. The idea that a precision trigger relies on catching a factory stamped metal sear bothers me. I like that the SSS uses an integral, matched 'sear lobe'.

Team Savage
    I'm sure you already have but you may want to check directly with sharpshootersupply.com

Isn't the sear still stamped?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Last edited by BillPa; 07-10-2016 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Whoops ...already suggested
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Isn't the sear still stamped?
    The sear on the rifle is still stamped, but it comes in contact with a sear lobe on the sss trigger. And that sear lobe has it's own 'sear' that is precision matched to the trigger in the assembly. So there is no possibility of the stamped metal sear contributing to failure of the trigger itself.
    IMO, the rifle basix is nothing more than the accutrigger without the accu-release blade and with a little more adjustment. And yes, I owned one. Hated it, couldn't get it adjusted. Returned it. Won't own another.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPa View Post
    Have you! I have had about a 4% success rate at getting them to answer the phone or emails. Yes, I have emailed them. No answer.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywerks View Post
    IMO, the rifle basix is nothing more than the accutrigger without the accu-release blade and with a little more adjustment. And yes, I owned one. Hated it, couldn't get it adjusted. Returned it. Won't own another.
    I am a big fan of the SSS comp as well. I do have a Sav II that is acceptable however.

LongRange
    Send Dennis at myaccuratebarrel.com an email or pm him here on the board.

bodywerks
    Thanks. Tried going to their website but got a blank screen on my phone. Guess I'll try my pc

Dennis has suspended or terminated operations as of late last week. Don't have any specific details on the what's or why's, but he's not taking any new orders. For those waiting on orders from him, he has assured me that they will be promptly filled. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing and not permanent as he's done a heck of a job for a rookie just getting into the biz a little more than a year ago.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    I just got into it and did not know how new he was at this.

Whole heartedly agree with Mr. Furious and hope all is well.

Thanks for the update on Dennis. I was getting concerned.

Email SSS and make sure you use the subject line, Lisa will get back to you. Or you could just download the order form mail it in with payment and wait for it to arrive.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

bodywerks
    She replied. Says nobody has them and they are in production. Said 2 weeks. Probably more like a month but that's fine too

If they will have them in a Month I'm in for 3

She replied. Says nobody has them and they are in production. Said 2 weeks. Probably more like a month but that's fine too
    2 weeks - there we go 😂

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

bw34
    Will these triggers work on a bottom bolt release action?

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by bw34 View Post
    Will these triggers work on a bottom bolt release action?
    Yes, but it takes some trimming of the release button. Actually a lot of trimming. But it's doable and worth it. I've done it.

bodywerks
    Here's a link to my album that has some pictures of the mods I had to do to the release button.
    http://email.photobucket.com/wf/clic...gYK100TdPaQw1R

bw34
    thanks

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingair001 View Post
    2 weeks - there we go ��

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Well, 2 weeks has turned to 2 months in typical sharpshooter supply fashion, and still no triggers.
    Reluctantly, I am note forced to consider the sav-2. In looking at the internals, although it still uses the stock sear for the firing pin brake, it has it's own internal mechanism for the trigger brake, so it may be an improvement to consider. My personal experience with the SAV-1 makes me apprehensive. That trigger was junk in my experience.

Basic Member
    You might want to read My 2 threads on the Sav 1 and Sav 2 triggers :-)

Basic Member
    Well, 2 weeks has turned to 2 months in typical sharpshooter supply fashion, and still no triggers.
    Reluctantly, I am note forced to consider the sav-2. In looking at the internals, although it still uses the stock sear for the firing pin brake, it has it's own internal mechanism for the trigger brake, so it may be an improvement to consider. My personal experience with the SAV-1 makes me apprehensive. That trigger was junk in my experience.
    I also prefer the SSS Comp trigger. However, having said that...
    I have NEVER heard ANYONE else have problems with Sav-1 or call them "junk". It might not be able to go as low as you like, but that is a different issue. They are designed to be crisp, clean, hunting trigger with little to no over travel. In my experience, that is EXACTLY what they are. I am NOt arguing with you, or raising heck with you, just encouraging you to not write them off. There MUST have been an issue with the factory sear or you got a defective trigger. I can't believe you could be so dissatisfied with it.

Basic Member
    I havs an SAV-2 set at 14oz and love it, then again I may have low standards.

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    I also prefer the SSS Comp trigger. However, having said that...
    I have NEVER heard ANYONE else have problems with Sav-1 or call them "junk". It might not be able to go as low as you like, but that is a different issue. They are designed to be crisp, clean, hunting trigger with little to no over travel. In my experience, that is EXACTLY what they are. I am NOt arguing with you, or raising heck with you, just encouraging you to not write them off. There MUST have been an issue with the factory sear or you got a defective trigger. I can't believe you could be so dissatisfied with it.
    The sav 1 was really nothing more than the accutrigger without the accurelease and had an adjustable sear engagement. Problem with mine was the trigger pull weight was inconsistent and would sometimes not catch the sear or would fire if you bumped the stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast