Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
Question:

How the heck does someone hold the dang thing still enough, especially when hitting the button, to be able to range a deer at 500+ yards?

Maybe mine just sucks, but I have never been able to find any practical, easy use for them. All I can ever do is struggle to range landmarks in advance and then keep mental notes. For example, I know the corner of the tree line is 300 yards, and a certain rock is 250, that oak tree is 435. But, when a deer shows himself, I can't possibly "take a picture" and "hit him" with the range-finder's reticle. It's like trying to shoot him with a pistol. What don't I understand about them? Or do I just have a crappy product with too hard of a "trigger pull"?
First all lazer rangefinders should be held very steady for accurate results and sometimes any results.
That usually means being mounted onto or supported by something. Try placing it on a rabbit ear bag on a solid object as steady as you can hold it.
Also, some targets reflect well and some don't. So if you cant get a range on a deer, maybe the tree or rock its standing next to might work? lol
Is it a ffp or a 2nd fp and does it have mil mil? lol