Thread: What is a mil?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Rob01, you don't have to come to me, ill gladly meet you someplace convienant to you.
    Someplace where you can show me how you can range various distances with your reticle.
    Say targets like cows or horses in a very large pasture.
    Or maybe a crow in a distant tree, and accurate enough to make hits.
    Ill bring my rangefinder to confirm it.
    Feel free to have someone take pictures of me handing you the $500 so you can post them here.
    No problem. If you want to learn how to do it you can just take our Precision Rifle 1 class, which runs $500 by coincidence, and we teach the use of the reticle and how to range. It's amazing as we have people come in who have been hunting and shooting for many years, have had guys with 30-40 years of hunting experience, and leave amazed at what they learn on how to employ a long range rifle. It all comes down to "you don't know what you don't know".

Here is a look at the areas I have ranged and shot targets in matches. Nice large open areas. Having a flatter shooting cartridge makes the odds of a first round hit higher as you can have a larger cushion. Usually knowing the target size I can get within 5-10 yards withing 700 yards and past that to around 20 yards. Not knowing the target size and using standard sizes for a horse, cow or crow will make it not as accurate, as I mentioned, and if you were making an ethical shot then you might not want to take an extremely long shot without a LRF but if the batteries die and you paid a lot of money for the hunt and can use the reticle to get you a decent range to target then you can take the shot. Ranging with the reticle is not the first line to figure target range but a tool in the tool box which is good to know how to employ.

ETA: here is a link to the ASC match page. You can see more pics. http://www.ascmatch.com/#!gallery/nxsth

Last edited by Rob01; 06-24-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.