Thread: What is a mil?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Only speaking for myself, here...

I like FFP scopes for certain applications, not all. I am only trying to explain what they and mil/mil or moa/moa scopes are and how they are used.

Honestly, I have no actual experience in long range shooting! I am sure a trip down there would be rewarding and fun.
    Maybe some day.
    Well try to understand that knowing what the differences are, and the reasons some might prefer them, isn't the issue and whats lacking here.
    Whats lacking is simply first hand knowledge of what a shooter, ( especially a hunter), actually requires to make a shot at long distances.
    I actually have 50+ years experience doing it, and im saying it aint much. Especially as to scope and reticle type and the list could go on.
    Ive offered up a challenge for those interested enough to come prove me right or wrong at our very nice camp where we can shoot from a lawn out to several miles. But I'm not really expecting any takers.
    And for what its worth I'm not angry Darkker (fixed it), i don't get angry over things this trivial, especially when i know i'm right.
    If you don't know i'm right that's your problem. lol

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Well try to understand that knowing what the differences are, and the reasons some might prefer them, isn't the issue and whats lacking here.
    Whats lacking is simply first hand knowledge of what a shooter, ( especially a hunter), actually requires to make a shot at long distances.
    But, Yobuck, "...knowing what the differences are, and the reasons some might prefer them..." IS the issue here (in THIS thread) and what is lacking here.

What isn't the issue HERE is whether YOU or anyone else finds them useful or even necessary. I'd say you are always welcome to share your opinion, but your life experience doesn't discount how or whether I chose to answer his question.

I was answering the OP's question. " WHAT IS MIL...?"

I admit I am not an experienced long range shooter. I don't have to be to know and understand what MIL's are and how they are used. If it offends or troubles your sensibilities that I would be so bold as to try to explain what I know about it without actually shooting at 1,000 yard ranges, so be it.

Beyond just trying to answer his question, I went ahead and answered your hypothetical question. Which I did. You simply rejected my answer because I did not say I would prefer to use your system. When, in fact, I could choose to do (no matter what scope I was using) by simply taking another shot and aiming off, as you would. Jeez-oh Pete!
    Last edited by foxx; 06-24-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.