This is a longer term decisions, I am still working up to speed on my first project.

The shooting is all bench rest, front and rear sandbag supported. 308 Varmint and a Bull barrel and 30-06 Bull and for now (I just like 30-06, fits in with the mil surplus collection and my dads restored 1903 Sporter). I know I am not likely to compete (though possible if I can ever retire), I do want to get down into the sub 1/2 MOA and at a reasonable cost.

Range currently is 100 yds, I want to do the 300 yd range when I get to the point I am happy with results, and possible to make a special trip occasionally to a 1000 yard range.

The donner for the 30-06 was a 111 BTH, I thought I would like that style Thumbhole and I do, nice looking as well and I am partial to wood and expect the laminate should be more stable. Will see how that stock does, I do want a good one for the 12FV (and possibly shift the 30-06 barrel over to it for single load shooting)

I am not into bedding though I have a brother who is and can go that route longer term. .

So, what would be a solid but best priced Laminated Thumbhole stock that has a good slid chassis or steel insert that would support the 12FV action for this style shooting? If there is such a thing.

Pre pillared? I am not into futzing with wood (or laminates!) any more than I have to (the BTH is getting the channel worked down for the bull barrels but that's a pretty easy job).