Thread: Savage Stealth in 6.5 - First impressions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBryars2 View Post
    Anyone used Accurate Mag on the 6.5? Got one in and it does not feed consistantly and scratches the metal really bad on feedlips. Any suggestions?
    I bought some PMags that didn't give me any issues on my first trip out. Are the tips sitting low i. The mag? I shoot a lot of 6.8 through an AR and sometimes I have to tweek the mags lips out a little so the round doesn't nose dive in he mag.

I'm interested to hear anyone's experience with a Magnetospeed on the Savage Stealth. I'm eying the Magnetospeed V3, but I've read various reports about POI shift and changes to group sizes that result from it hanging on the end of the barrel. Some say there is no change, some say there is a drastic change. It appears to be barrel/gun specific, and that makes sense to me.

Does anyone have any experience with POI shift or group size changes? I'd love to hear your experiences before I make a (relatively) large purchase.

Basic Member

Savage Stealth in 6.5 - First impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by jstarko0329 View Post
    I'm interested to hear anyone's experience with a Magnetospeed on the Savage Stealth. I'm eying the Magnetospeed V3, but I've read various reports about POI shift and changes to group sizes that result from it hanging on the end of the barrel. Some say there is no change, some say there is a drastic change. It appears to be barrel/gun specific, and that makes sense to me.

Does anyone have any experience with POI shift or group size changes? I'd love to hear your experiences before I make a (relatively) large purchase.
    Doesn't change POI. Worked fine for me. Here is a 10 shot group at 200 yards I'm not proud of. I shot with it attached (first few were tight then I just squeezed the rest off). I used my typical 200 yard elevation adjustment. This was the only picture I have from the day I shot with the Magneto V3 attached.