New to this Forum. I purchased a Savage Stealth 6.5C around the Holidays and was excited to have a low recoil, long-range rifle to manage some Feral hogs and Yotes. The first time out to the range with some factory loads, I was afraid I just dropped a $1000 on the worst shooting gun I own. I could not get a 2" group at 100 yards to save my soul. When I was done I looked over at the guy at the nearest bench and saw he was shooting a Savage Stealth in 338 Lapua. He too was frustrated because his scope was about to fall off because the screws in the base were working loose on every shot. I inspected my gun and when I pressed down on the front of the scope I could see gun oil squeeze out from under the base. I went home and removed the scope and found that I could remove the base screws with my fingers and a torx bit. How this made it out of QC at Savage is beyond me. I cleaned the receiver threads and screws with solvent, applied some Loctite-Blue and re-secured the base. I now have a sub-1/2moa shooter. I have made it through my first round of load development using 100, 120, 130 and 143 grain bullets and four different powders for each. It is more difficult to find a bullet/powder combination that does not shoot well as opposed to one that does. Since H4350 has been declared "EW" (Extinct in the Wild) I had to try available powders. In my first round of development using 130gr Berger VLD-Hunting bullets and Varget I was able to get two consecutive powder graduations that gave me 0.2 and 0.3 MOA at 100yards(pics attached, I hope). My next round will go to 5 shots and varying seating depths. So if you're not getting the accuracy you expect, check your scope base and receiver bolts for torque, appears to be a common issue.