Thread: Savage Stealth in 6.5 - First impressions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    It's called a MAGAZINE! The M1 Garand is the only rifle I am aware of which uses a "clip".

You need to post pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    It's called a MAGAZINE! The M1 Garand is the only rifle I am aware of which uses a "clip".

Correct Dave !

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I have mine and so far I like it. Not sure about the FAB stock but will be ok for now and can get a decent cheek weld with the riser. The chassis looks good, clean lines no chatter marks, barrel is nicely floated. The mag has a little rattle to it but feeds fine. I like the Houge grip, but was not thrilled they sent a 0 MOA mount. So I had to drill out my 20 MOA Talley to fit the larger screws. Not sure why you would sent this with a top bolt release (smart on savage) but then change the screw size that no mount maker supports (not smart) and a ) and ) 0 MOA mount for a Long range gun. Got mine for $899 off gun broker. Only have 50 rounds through it and with factory 140 eld's shot under .5 inch groups at 100 yards. At 400 was at 3 inch groups. I think it has a lot of potential. Pics.

Last edited by Draftpick; 06-16-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draftpick View Post
    I have mine and so far I like it. Not sure about the FAB stock but Only have 50 rounds through it and with factory 140 eld's shot under .5 inch groups at 100 yards. At 400 was still under MOA at 3 inch groups. I think it has a lot of potential. Pics.

Congrats !

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

mjohn
    Well I have just finished a session with 10BA Stealth 6.5 creedmoor. With a little under 500 rounds, its a tack driver. First, I had a cheap($49) scope/mount combo just to run some rounds. Did the 5-5 barrel break in. Be sure to check the allens holding the upper to the stock. They get a little loose after a 100 rounds. Torqued to spec (61 in/lbs if I remember) and everything has stayed put. The action was really too tight and loosened up nicely after 100 rounds or so.Still not as smooth as a Christianson, but very good. I run 60 rounds per session and a do thorough cleaning. Also switched to SS 12x42 scope with SSALT mount. Mount was too high. Switched to Leo QRW rings medium height. Perfect. Now I can get a super solid cheek weld. American Eagle 140gr is ok. Hornady IL better. Stay away from the loads with the soft lead tip. Hornady white tail...ok for hunting but not precision. Hornady 120 gr AMAX..bingo! Zero'ed at 112 first. Blistered the target. The little tiny 1 inch red diamond completely punched out. Next 200 and do another zero. Inch to inch and a half spread. Consistent with the ballistics info. The circular red center with black background and yellow shoot&c stick on targets are the easiest for me to see. I can stay in the red circle 8 or 9 times of 10 at 207 with a 2 degree uphill and 10-13 right to left crosswind. I am no expert shooter, but people always love the look of the rifle. I took the trigger down about 2 to 3 tenths so it is right at 1.9 or 2.0. It's a very nice trigger right out of the box. I grew up shooting smaller caliber so its just a preference of mine. So far every time out the wind has been a factor. Oh well. Next stop is 300 yds. The 120 AMAX dope shows a 7.1 inch drop from 200. Thats pretty flat. Muzzle speed is 2910 wth the 120 AMAX. sku 81492. 200 yards is getting boring. I pick different edges of the bulls eye to mix it up. For the money, it shoots very well. Hope this helps! Sign the vetogunmadeggon petition !!!!

Basic Member

There might be some your not aware of. Some bolt guns like the Springfield, had a clip slot in the action for inserting one,
    while the M1 carbine had a magazine.
    All shoes aren't referred to simply as shoes either, but they all are. I had extra (clips) for my old Rem pumps, and still do
    for my 88 Win. lol.

Edub1223

Thank you. It was driving me nuts reading about these 'clips'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Shot
    I found what I think is a good price for the Luth-AR mba3 stock at Grabagun.com. They have it online (currently) for $121.75 + $7.99 shipping. I got my LH 10 BA Stealth from them also.

"https://grabagun.com/luth-ar-mba-3-carb-stk-blk.html"

If it is a no-no posting this, somebody please delete it.

Keep eyes open, they go on sale for about 100.00 once a year. Currently 124 - link http://www.monmouthreloading.com/sho...carbine-stock/

Normal disclaimer, satisifed customer, no financial interest - ship realy fast. Bought 3 from them.