Thread: Personal Results with a Criterion Barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    I have two 28" Criterion Bull .308 barrels. just got the second one. the first has a little over 2000 rounds through it. it is a laser. the best five shot groups at 100 yds have been from less than .01" to .15"! that is not the average, obviously. but it does average in the mid .3's. i am using it in F/TR matches with excellent results. bullets working very well are 185 Berger Juggernauts, 175 SMKs, 175 TMKs, and Berger 168 Hybrids. Varget, IMR 4166, and RE 15 all work well with Varget taking the top spot.

the second barrel has only 175 rounds on it and the rifle is a copy of the one above. so far, it is not shooting as well. still working on loads with it although they seem close to the other rifle. the first barrel took some rounds through it before it settled down, so i am pretty sure the second one will eventually shoot, but maybe not as good as the first.

if i were you, i would definitely try the heavier bullets. however, i did for awhile shoot 150 Bergers through the first barrel and it shot those very good as well.

sounds like if you don't get the results you are looking for, Criterion will attempt to make things right for you

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver View Post
    I have two 28" Criterion Bull .308 barrels. just got the second one. the first has a little over 2000 rounds through it. it is a laser. the best five shot groups at 100 yds have been from less than .01" to .15"! that is not the average, obviously. but it does average in the mid .3's. i am using it in F/TR matches with excellent results. bullets working very well are 185 Berger Juggernauts, 175 SMKs, 175 TMKs, and Berger 168 Hybrids. Varget, IMR 4166, and RE 15 all work well with Varget taking the top spot.

the second barrel has only 175 rounds on it and the rifle is a copy of the one above. so far, it is not shooting as well. still working on loads with it although they seem close to the other rifle. the first barrel took some rounds through it before it settled down, so i am pretty sure the second one will eventually shoot, but maybe not as good as the first.

if i were you, i would definitely try the heavier bullets. however, i did for awhile shoot 150 Bergers through the first barrel and it shot those very good as well.

sounds like if you don't get the results you are looking for, Criterion will attempt to make things right for you

Nice rig. I love seeing 308,s perform like this.
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    Nice rig. I love seeing 308,s perform like this.

thanks. this one is a shooter fer sure.