You could send the barrel out, or order a second barrel with a deepr throat from one of the sponsers.

Jim with Apache is reported to do good work (my barrel has as beautiful l a target crown as I have ever seen, threads were perfect for nut and receiver, chamber (standard 308 in this case) was exactly spot on per the 123FV I have (the XC barrel is currently on a 111. )

Cases for the 12FV that were minimal resized shoulder push back .004 fit the XC 308 chamber perfectly with the go and no go adjustment per Savage specs (easy full close on the go and no close at all on the no go, tested on both the original 12FV and the 30-06 barrel that came on the 111.

I am keeping at least two shootable guns, if I need to send a barrel out for any reason I have another one to put on the gun for the interim.

When I shoot one barrel out I have the spare to put on until I can get one. Shooting over 125 rounds a week most weeks so that's pushing 5000 rounds a year if I shoot a single gun (that is now split with the 12FV 308 and the 111 with the XC 308, and a bull barrel 30-06 is in th4e works (I would have order from Dennis aka Jim aka Accurate barrels and Apache if I knew now what I did before).