Thread: Article: Lyman BoreCam Digital Borescope Review

Article: Lyman BoreCam Digital Borescope Review

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

LongRange
    Great write up,pics and video...I'll be looking into getting a bore scope soon.

Nice review. I recently purchased this product. The writer's experience pretty well matched up to my experience. It's not a Hawkeye, but it provides great service at an affordable price.

SidecarFlip
    I own a Gradient Lens Borescope and they are expensive. Instead of the Lyman, I bought a Harbor Freight Digital Inspection Camera for 50 bucks (before the Lyman came on the Market) and while the head won't fit in a smaller bore, the light is bright enough and the resolution is high enough to ascertain bore condition, copper fouling and erosion on the bench and checking your cleaning regimen without the worry of damaging a 700 buck plus borescope. It's a cheap alternative that works quite well....for 50 bucks plus I use it for internal inspections of various mechanical assemblies other than firearms.

I too have just purchased this borescope due to its affordability. Even though I'd seen ads and such for the Hawkeye I simply could not justify its purchase. This tool provides an acceptable level of functionality for its price. At the very least it affords me the ability, if needed, to determine whether or not my rifle would benefit from the attention of my local gunsmith or me for that matter in my cleaning regime. Thanks for taking the time in producing this review!

Banned
    Ditto: Well worth it, Taking Pictures with a good camera rather than the chip transfer is the way to go.

Mine does have 3 light levels, pretty much makes no difference so far, maybe on a darker barrel.

I got a good deal on it ($180 form amazon) and free freight. Its well worth it and what I have been waiting for.

I will share it with my brother.

The screen is more than good enough for in person inspection and results.

As well as looking a thte current Savage stable,
    I looked at my WWII 1917 JA barrel I cleaned out with Bore Tehc eliminator, very clean, little copper.

I looked at my WWI Remington barrel, also very clean and have not bore teched it yet.

Interesting little pustules, some craters, but overall amazing.

worst will be my 1917 Danish, its a history piece rather than a shooter, a bit worn by TE (3) and MW (3) but still well within limits of shooting good.