Thread: Build Time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Couple things on your last post. Your not going to, or rather, SHOULD NOT be thinking of taking game at any distance even CLOSE to 1000yds with a .243win. Don't get me wrong, I am in love* with 243. 308 parent case necked down to 6mm? Oh yeah, I'm there! But it would not be an ethical shot. IMHO, game at that distance, even coyote size, 6.5mm and up should be looked at. And it should have a magnum case with ALOT of powder behind it. Next are the rings you mentioned. The Burris rings, and any rings with inserts, are not associated with accuracy. Inserts do not provide a scope with the kind of return to zero needed for long distance precision. They just aren't going to cut it. So often, people spend money on a rifle & scope, then put junk in between. Now your choice in the EGW base is fantastic! The EGW base is a precision machined chunk of 7075 T6 aluminum, designed for a long distance set up. But I would take a second thought on your ring choice. Some others to think about, if you prefer the horizontal lockup style, are Badger Ord., Seekins, TPS & Leupold Mk4.
    I disagree with almost this entire post. You don't need a magnum to go 1000 yards on deer sized game. I've done it and seen it done a handfull of times with a simple .260 Remington and the deer died just as quickly as if it was shot with a 300 Win Mag. The .243 should work extremely well on coyotes and other vermin at that range. Also, the Burris rings are just about the best rings you can buy. The inserts not only hold the scope securely they center the scope within the rings so that there is no binding and no ring marks when you pull them off. I have them mounted on every rifle I own and have never had a problem with them.

Here is a nice review of the rings and the features they have.
    http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-...ure-zee-rings/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp442 View Post
    I disagree with almost this entire post. You don't need a magnum to go 1000 yards on deer sized game. I've done it and seen it done a handfull of times with a simple .260 Remington and the deer died just as quickly as if it was shot with a 300 Win Mag. The .243 should work extremely well on coyotes and other vermin at that range. Also, the Burris rings are just about the best rings you can buy. The inserts not only hold the scope securely they center the scope within the rings so that there is no binding and no ring marks when you pull them off. I have them mounted on every rifle I own and have never had a problem with them.

Here is a nice review of the rings and the features they have.
    http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-...ure-zee-rings/
    Amen brother. If you like long range coyotes, go watch TheDartman76 on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk