I won't say its accurate, but the idea seems to have been to have less machining of the bolt. Assemble more easier to make parts. While a lot of parts its also simple. I am impressed with it.

I think the Axis do machine it into the back of the receiver.

A real machinist can weight in maybe. With CNC maybe is far less or no issue.

As for more ramp of effect, that gets into design and material strength. A really hung up case is going to stress the extractor as well as the rim.
It may not be the answer, its a possibility. Lesser material stretch when first built possible as well and just carried on.

How high is the ramp on your baffle (total front to back, and then the thickness of the baffle non ramp area?

The various remedies are effective, I force tested that. Question to me is the right question being addressed. I can see chamber variations being a factor as the reamer quality (new, how many barrels did it ream) as well as chamber finish and all hidden. If true, direct input to Savage would then get to where it needs to be.

I have read reports of rough barrel, none of mine are, but that would indicated a quality control failure. Its a hard or time consuming are to check on.

I know it can happen, my nephew got a Sig and the shells were all marred and failing to extract right. They replaced it, pretty non Sig reputation for quality though and very obvious when you looked, so no one looked, no automatic quality check or....