Thread: Random Extraction Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    Still working on better precision.
    If you want better precision rip a page out of Sharpshooter's playbook. With the barrel removed take two measurements from the receiver ring to the bolt face, one with the bolt locked to battery and a second with the bolt unlocked pushed fully forward. The difference between the two is the available PE for that action and it's parts.

What it won't tell you is at what point in the bolt rotation the PE engages/disengages however if you use an indicator (dial or digital) to make the above measurements you can also determine at what point in the rotation it engages/disengages plus it's total length.

If you can't or don't feel like removing a barrel then the only other options are trying different parts or somehow changing the relationship between the bolt handle, baffle and the bridge, the reason I came up with his idea or my version of a "Band-Aid". Yes, I'm retired, old and lazy!

By drilling-tapping two blind holes for two 6-32/8-32 set screws so I can change the PE on the fly with only an allen wrench and without having to take anything apart but once. After determining the amount(s) of there protrusion a drop of 242 keeps them in their settings. If in the event any parts are changed they can be easily readjusted or eliminated all together.

At the moment there are six actions, two of my own using that mod with 100% success. It may not be the good, better or best option but it works.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Hi Bill, I'm going to try your fix tomorrow. I was gonna try the epoxy/shim but your fix it much simpler. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks. John