Hey guys
so talk to me. I've got a couple of TC Dimension rifles with 5R rifling and they are fantastic shooters. And in my 243 a 10 twist stabilizes 105 grain hornady match bullets which I'm told shouldn't stabilize and I gotta admit both rifles clean very easy though I only clean when groups open up and it's been months since I've cleaned them with many hundreds of shots
So I was wondering if anyone has any real experience with the different rifling profiles we are now seeing and if you've got a favorite.
I just bought a model 11 22-250. So I'm considering a 260 barrel because the bolt face works and I like the cartridge. So I'm currently looking at various aftermarket barrel suppliers.
So if you've got experience using the various rifling profiles and can add some fuel to the fire I appreciate your input.
I'm definitely liking the 5R profile but I'm wondering if there is a better one out there and what people's experience is with the various new options.
I hunt however I spend most every weekend shooting,whether it's prairie dogs,milk jugs or paper I'm shooting at something.
This model 11 is a 12 twist varmint barrel. Savage of course. Shoots great groups with factory 55 grain varmint cartridges. I just waiting on dies and stacking up enough brass then I'll start reloading for it.
This thing shoots great. Off bags it rips a ragged hole even once it warms up and gets hot. Doesn't pull either direction which I will say impressed me. Unsure of how many lands and grooves the 22-250 comes with though or if it's one of these new profile options either.
Anyways thanks in advance for your input.