Thread: Should I Have Savage Take A Look?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Err Wait,....is there 6 shots in the top center target?

Have you tried shoot-> clean, shoot-> clean, repeat? If you have a rough bore its possible that its fouling quickly, although those groups aren't horrid.

You could always try lapping the bore but everywhere you turn you'll get a different opinion on if its beneficial or harmful. Guess the Jury is still out on that?

Although If you decide to replace that tube and don't mind using it to run an experiment before you swap it out, I would be interested to hear if lapping helped tighten up your groups. either fire lapping or just a hand lapping session.

Also I'm sure scope rings/bases have been triple checked, swapped scopes around maybe. Hope it turns out good for you!

rkoeneke
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackle View Post
    Err Wait,....is there 6 shots in the top center target?
    That is a bad flier from the bottom center group. Note that the group just to the right of bottom center is only four shots. That group also had a flier that didn't even hit the cardboard box.

I have not tried the shot, clean, shoot, clean etc.

I have not shot it without the break. I need and action vise and a propane torch to get it off. That thing is on there good. I tried to get it off with it in my Tipton gun vise, a wrench, and a heat gun, but it wont budge.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.