Years ago the Remington solid point "Golden Bullet" was one of the most accurate cheaper types of ammo in my 100 meter pistols shot in competition. I would by several 5000 round cases at Coast to Coast on their yearly sale for about $79 / case, and never had any problems with them, and accuracy was good enough to win state championships without having to resort to weight and rim thickness sorting.

That cartridge (leftover boxes from the old days) was also one of the few that would actually function in my POC Sig Mosquito some years later.

We were shooting a high end pistol, Sig Hammerli Trailside, swiss made, the other day and the dang bulk pack Remington Golden Bullets were producing duds about 10% of the time. I googled remington golden bullet duds (or misfires) and found post after post complaining about what I just experienced.

What is the most reliable and accurate current production "cheap" ammo that you guys are finding. (I use the word cheap lightly. I just cannot seem to forget the 550 round packs of 22 ammo at Walmart for $8.88. I would buy one every time I was in the store - wishing now I had bought a dozen each visit instead.)